Patio season is here! If you’re out and about with Fido and hungry for a bite, below is a list of dog-friendly restaurant patios in Kansas City. These restaurants offer outdoor seating and welcome your pooch with open paws. Bon(e) appetit!
Tips when Dining with Your Dog:
1. Take your dog for a walk and potty break prior to going to the restaurant so that Fido will be relaxed and comfortable.
2. Be sure to leash your dog and loop the leash around your chair leg (a loop around the table may result in accidental spills!). A four foot max leash slack is ideal.
3. Your furry buddy should know basic training commands such as sit, down, and stay. Bring a small blanket and reward your dog for staying on the blanket.
4. If human watching isn’t entertaining enough, bring a non-squeaky toy for your date.
5. BYOWB: Bring your own water bowl (for Fido).
Restaurant patio policies may change – call before your trip to verify dogs are still welcome.
Dog-Friendly Restaurant Patios:
Artega Pizza www.artegopizza.com
Bella Napoli www.kcbellanapoli.com
Betty Rae’s Ice Cream www.bettyraes.com
Bier Station www.bierstation.com
Blue Bird Bistro www.bluebirdbistro.com
Bravo Cucina Italiana www.bravoitalian.com
Cancun Fiesta Fresh www.cancunkc.com
Cafe Europa www.cafeeuropakc.com
Char Bar www.charbarkc.com
District Pour House www.districtpourhousekc.com
Freddy’s Frozen Custard www.freddysusa.com
Harry’s Country Club www.harryscountryclub.com
Jazz Kitchen www.jazzkitchen.com
KC Bier Company www.kcbier.com
La Bodega www.labodegakc.com
McCoy’s Public House www.mccoyspublichouse.com
Nick and Jake’s www.nickandjakes.com
Phoenix Jazz Club www.thephoenixkc.com
Pizza 51 www.pizza51.com
SPIN Neapolitan Pizza www.spinpizza.com
Stone Canyon Pizza Company www.stonecanyonpizza.com
Tower Tavern www.towertavernkc.com
The Farmhouse www.eatatthefarmhouse.com
The Mixx www.mixxingitup.com
Westport Flea Market Bar and Grill www.westportfleamarket.com
Westside Local thewestsidelocal.com